Protect your Raspberry PI SD card, use Read-Only filesystem

• How to fix this ?

pi@raspberrypi(ro):~$ reboot
    Failed to execute operation: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files
    Must be root.

• you need to be root..
    use 'sudo'

• Hello! Can anybody help me with user crontab file? I have problem: i installed raspbian in Read-only mode, i have some scripts, (cron jobs) that works every 5 minutes, 10 etc. I set it by crontab -e command, but after reboot, system is clean it, i think, because i moved /var/spool dir to tmpfs (like howto), and user cronjob file stored at /var/spool/cron/crontabs dir. How i can fix it for not clearing after system reboot? Thanks!

• Did anyone figured out how to use crontab? it is wiped after reboot and i really need it :(

• Staff

We need to put the system into Read Write Mode before changing the crontab
    If you followed this tuto should be something like that

sudo mount -o remount,rw /

Then edit your crontab

sudo crontab -e

put pack in Read Only or reboot

sudo mount -o remount,ro /

• Charles you are going wrong. crontab -e give us file on /tmp which has been deleted on boot. We need to go this way:
    rw
    sudo su
    nano /etc/crontab (dont forget to add user) example below:

• root /usr/bin/vpncheck.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

• Hello Charles,
    I was wondering if I don't have entry about /tmp being a mount entry point for tmpfs neither in fstab nor mtab, what would be the point in moving things there? Am I missing something or?
    I am playing with Raspberry PI-2 and Raspbian Jessie.

• This post is deleted!

• Great article, thanx! To be able to use sudo i did have to add this line to /etc/fstab as well:

tmpfs /var/lib/sudo/ts tmpfs nosuid,nodev 0 0

• Has this tutorial worked for anyone? The 1st error is saw was under Move files to temp filesystem after running:

touch /tmp/dhcpcd.resolv.conf; ln -s /tmp/dhcpcd.resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf

Failed to create symbolic link ‘etc/resolv.conf’ file exists. Next after reboot see errors regarding “a start job is running for dhcpd on all interfaces..." The raspi fails to boot and see pi@raspberrypi: prompt. Thanks in advance for any insights!

Looks like your connection to Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.